Sunday, February 1, 2009

Goodbye to the Longest Week Ever

What.
A.
Week.
My sweet little baby was sick allllll week--starting with a yucky stomach virus on Sunday--which left her with no appetite and the most pathetic disposition imaginable! She was slowly improving but started having trouble sleeping at night/was grumpy and sad so I took her in to the doctor's this morning to find that she has an ear infection. Praise the Lord for antibiotics--hopefully this is the beginning of the end!
It didn't help matters that I caught Maeve's illness and was down and out for most of the week myself! I'm so thankful that Mr. Wonderful had half days (for exam week) and the Granny of the East was available to help out with Amelie, who thankfully, remains well! yay!
Our Ladies Bible Study dinner went really well--it was a lot of work but also a lot of fun--what a nice group of ladies we have at our church!
This weekend has passed in a blur (don't they all?)!
I feel like I haven't seen Amelie or Mr. Wonderful all week and that Maeve and I have been under house arrest!
We're looking forward to a new week, getting to know our new cousin and getting back on our feet and down to normal-type-business--cause I'm so sure you missed my blogging 4 times a day =) HA!
Happy Sunday Super Bowl Night!
P.S. I don't care about football (or any sport for that matter) but I think the Cardinals should win, just cause their red uniforms are so pretty and all...although, it doesn't look good at this point! Just thought I would share =)

3 comments:

Devin said...

Oh Shelly! I am so sorry for the tough week you've had--I have been there! Glad it seems that everything is returning to normal, and here's to the coming week being much, much better!

Devin said...

Oh Shelly! I am so sorry for the tough week you've had--I have been there! Glad it seems that everything is returning to normal, and here's to the coming week being much, much better!

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

I'm not a fan of football, either - but did find myself drawn to the pretty red uniforms :)

Hope you are all feeling well!!