Thursday, February 19, 2009

Words Of Encouragement

In our Ladies Bible study we've been working through a book that deals with contentment in Christ and this past chapter focused on Psalm 139. I've always really enjoyed reading Psalm 139--it offers such encouragement and perspective on life and I've always found it very comforting. As a mother, it speaks to me even more and I really appreciate verse 16:

Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.
I spend so much of my time in worry--worry about tomorrow and all of the "what-ifs" and it is so humbling, comforting and exciting to know that no matter what happens to me, my husband or my babies, my friends or my family, in life, that God has pre-ordained every single one of their days. What a comfort! What a challenge--to rest in the peace of His promises and lay my load of worry and concern at His feet!

3 comments:

Devin said...

A great reminder for the day. That is one of my favorite Psalms as well!

SarahV said...

definitely a favorite chapter. thanks for sharing your heart!!

Ree said...

Great reminder!! This is one of my biggest challenges, esp. when things are rough!! But I always pray and put it ALL into HIS hands!! AMEN!!