Monday, June 11, 2012

I've been avoiding my blog...
Last week I came down with a simple head cold and it has spiraled into a full blown case of THE stupid asthma. 
I am wondering if this is my new asthma-prone-life?
It's a little scary.
I am seeing a good doctor and am on lots of medicine so those are good things.
Although the medicine does make me full of THE crazy and THE sleeplessness. 
My doctor has advised that I stop running (not that I can really run at the moment anyways) and I am heartbroken. I have worked so hard to get to where I am--months of consistency down the drain all over again. I am in exactly the same place I was last fall--JUST starting to run consistently good times and JUST starting to handle three miles easily. Then AND now I was training for my first 5K. I'm afraid I'm going to have to postpone again unless something miraculous happens. 
I feel a little betrayed by my body.  I am discouraged to find myself back in this place. At the same time I am encouraged to know that EVERYTHING happens for a reason. I strongly believe that God has a plan for me and everything I go through so I'm going to take it one. day. (breath) at. a. time.
 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 really speaks to me and I am going to work on this!!
16 Rejoice always,  
17 pray continually,  
18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
I'm so thankful that He loves me even when I'm doubtful, and fearful and weak. Amen!!

No comments: