Tomorrow is our 10th wedding anniversary--I was scrolling back through the annals of my blog and found this fun meme I did a few years ago. Enjoy =)
1) When was your wedding day?
June 30, 2001
2) What day of the week was it?
3) Did you get married in a church?
Yes, we got married in the church I grew up attending.
4) How many in your wedding party?
4 bridesmaids, 3 junior bridesmaids, 2 flower girls, 1 ring bearer, 4 groomsman, 4 brothers acting as ushers, and a partridge in a pear tree
5) How many guests were invited to your wedding?
6) How long where you together before the engagement?
we dated for 1.5 years
7) How long did you wait to Tie The Knot after your proposal?
8) Did you register for gifts? If yes, where?
Pier 1 and JC Penny (Target didn't exist in NY yet! ack!)
9) Who did you hire as your photographer & videographer?
some crazy old photography teacher dude who took terribly mediocre pictures
10) Did you have a DJ or a band?
nope--a harpist playing show-tunes and classical music
11) What was your First dance to?
we don't dance and didn't have any dancing at our wedding---but we did sing From This Moment On to each other during the ceremony
12) Did your father walk you down the aisle?
13) What color were the bridesmaids' dresses and groomsmen's vests?
a pretty bluey-purpley color (although, they weren't the color i had ordered--periwinkle blue)
14) Did you have a bridal shower?
yes--a racy one with my friends, a tearful one with my family and a lively one with my church family
15) What type of limo did you get?
a big black one...um, how many types of limos are there?
16) What were your flowers?
i had white roses and the girls had blue hydrangeas...sorta....there was so much hideous baby's breath (even though i forbade it's use) you could barely see the rest of the flowers...and not to speak ill of the dearly departed, but flower chick wasn't a great listener.
17) What flavor was your cake?
19) What type of wedding gown?
It was two pieces--a poufy cinderella-y skirt and a corset top with silver embroidery. so pretty! i tried it on as a joke but ended up lov-ing it.
20) What was the weather like that day?
hot, sunny....and then thunder-showered during the drive to the reception but cleared up for the rest of the day.
21) Did you have an open bar?
No we don't drink and didn't care if anyone else wanted too--much to the chagrin of nearly all my extended family members--tee hee!
22) Where did you go on your Honeymoon?
the poconos---it was wonderful. BEST. WEEK. EVER. so romantic, and peaceful and wonderful--i'll never ever forget it!!
23) What was your favorite thing about your wedding day?
just. being. married. finally! married! finally!!! and seeing my brothers dressed up in tuxedos, they're so handsome! and smiling so much my face muscles hurt! and seeing my grandmother dressed up, happy, sober and alive--i miss that so much.
24) Did anything go wrong?
not if you don't count the fact that: the church had no air conditioning, it was like 100 degrees (literally), the ring bearer fainted, the bridesmaid dresses weren't the ones i ordered, the baby's breath...but really, i wouldn't change a thing--it was the best day of my life up to that point--it was such a day of joy for me--I'll never forget how amazing it all was.
25) How long have you been married?
7 years, 9 months (but it feels like just yesterday we were newlyweds!)
**updated to: 9 years, 364 Days. Best. Days,Months,Years Ever. =)