Sunday, June 13, 2010

New Beginnings

This was a difficult week for me.
My Mr. Wonderful was very busy at school, after school, at church, and had a wedding and music team over the weekend, etc and I felt the full weight of entertaining my three very precious, and at times VERY noisy children mostly on my own. 
I didn't really like it.
Don't get me wrong!
I'm so stinkin' thankful and blessed to be with my little ones but sometimes I get tired.
I took them to church today on my own (today was my husband's LAST Sunday away until next school year! yippeeee!) and I was able to enjoy about 20 minutes of the service before Ezra's first day in the nursery ended. 
He did ok and just got a little sad when he realized I wasn't there anymore. =)
Also, the nursery workers were wonderful and kind....so I ended up spending more time in the nursery than I did in the service.
Maybe next week =)
The 20 minutes I actually spent in service I looked at the bulletin and realized my husband isn't going to be home tonight either. 
Boo. Literally. Hoo. 
Summer vacation is coming! 
And until then I'm just going to do a lot of deep breathing, say a lot of extra prayers for patience and for a thankful heart, set up some play dates with friends and keep reciting one of my favorite portions of scripture:

Lamentations 3:22-23

22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.

 23 They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness!

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Allow me to translate the comment above:

Despite my commenting in this obviously foreign language, we share a common bond of motherhood and I feel your struggles keenly at the core of my being.

Jessica said...

I can totally relate!! I remember when Dustin used to be on the road with his band...I love being with my sweet babes...but it can be challenging when you do it by yourself for a chunk of time! I hope you get a fun girls night out soon!!