Tuesday, February 28, 2012

So Much So Little So Long

It has been a long time since I blogged-I think my longest ever break from blogging!-boy this winter has really socked it to us with the never-ending-rounds-of-sickness. When we're sick I get overwhelmed and shut down and get quiet and hibernate. So that's what I've been doing. =)
A little update on what's gone down:
I helped out at Amelie's Valentine's Day party! They are the sweetest, best-behaved and most lovely little 1st graders ever! 
The next day Amelie came down with the SUPER TERRIBLE STOMACH BUG that's been going around and spent the next 4 days recovering. =( Boo.
My Parents came down President's Day weekend! My Mom played with the kiddos a lot and my Dad spent hours and hours and hours and hours installing a new front door for an early birthday present for me! Yay! Thanks so much Dad!!! It was a true labor of love!
The day after they left Maeve and I came down with THE stomach bug. It was terrible. My husband stayed home one morning to help me and then I was on my own with the kids. It wasn't pretty. =( 
By Thursday we were doing much better though so Friday we went to my husband's Disney Show! I forgot my camera's memory card! GAH!! But it was so cute--Maeve was Sleeping Beauty and Ezra was thrilled to be a dragon. =)
There were snacks and games and prizes and lots of little friends. The kids had fun! Everything my husband does is pretty fabulous!
Then the weekend was here and my husband came down with THE stomach bug. =( Stupid stomach bug. Amelie slept over at the Grandparents and I did my best to entertain the littles. I also finished a few painting projects--One win: the porch, a trash-picked rocking chair and the front door--so pretty with fresh paint--can't wait to finish putting the finishing touches on my new sitting area--will post pictures when complete! One fail: bathroom cabinet--I thought gray would make it look prettier like furniture-y but instead I HATE IT and will be repainting it white.
And then there was yesterday, my husband was recovered and back to work and it was GORGEOUS out so Maeve and Ezra took a nice long walk, went to the library, played outside with bubbles and had a really lovely day. 

And then I went to bed at 8:30 because I was exhausted. =)
The. End.
Hopefully I'll be a better blogger--and HOPEFULLY we can stay healthy for five minutes!!

1 comment:

Madre said...

I've been missing your blog updates, but surely understand why there had been an absence of updates. The sun just came out here in NY and I will hopefully do a little stroller time with my fav NY grandboy. Sure wish I could have joined your walk today with my fav NJ grandkiddos! I love you all - madre xoxo