I've been asked by a lot of people about my blog design so I thought I'd devote a post to it =) I learned how to design my blog layout myself after spending a few hours of quality time with my computer, html codes, image shack and photo editing software. It definitely wasn't the most fun I've ever had but I've learned how to piece together a fun-looking blog. I have a few tips if you want to customize your blog a bit more yourself:
* there are a million sites that have blogger templates you can upload yourself that are easy to install under the html section on the layout page--there is a nice variety of pre-made templates that are more interesting than the run of the mill blogger ones
* pimpmyprofile.com even has a blogger template "maker" that writes the html code for you if you upload the design you want for your background--allows you to pick the color of your tables etc. very easy to use.
* i couldn't even begin to explain exactly how i write the code for my pages--it's much easier to show in person but if anyone out there in bloggy land seriously wants a new look and wants someone to do it for them i have no problem manufacturing a blog layout (for a small fee as it is TIME CONSUMING)
* it is very simple to make your own fun headers and labels--i use photoshop elements to design all of my headers but there is a good free one you can use--microsoft digital image starter edition--free download online and is good for editing pictures and piecing together header images
* i get my backgrounds online usually by doing image searches on google (for ex. i search for "floral background" and pick from the nine million floral background results)
* you can also use digital scrapbook kits to design your blog--these are uber fun b/c they contain letters, papers and extra goodies (like frames and flowers etc) that you can piece together for a coherent look. you can buy them for around $5 online or you can find free images you like from shabbyprincess.com or scraporchard.com to name a few
* i use a third party "host" to upload my images for my blog like image shack or flickr
oh man, that is all for now--any more questions please feel free to ask--i'm not a blog superstar or anything but i've learned a few tricks that make tricking out your blog easier =)
and now back to our regularly scheduled programming...
(i.e. too many pictures of me with no wrinkles, freckles or stray hair and plenty of mommy stories)