Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Last Breakfast

I can't believe how quickly these years have flown.
My precious once-upon-a-time 5lb baby girl went and grew up on me and is heading to the big *K* tomorrow. 
*SOB*
These years with Amelie have been wonderful--I'm so thankful I've been home with her!
When I first became a Mother I looked forward to the school days--like I would be on "vacation" then or something or that I could be excited about a new chapter in my life....but it isn't that exciting. 
It feels more like "the beginning of the end."
*dramatic sigh*
She's gonna be fabulous.
She is going to ROCK the big K.
And we'll be fine even though we'll miss her bright smile!
I'm sooooo thankful that she can get an education at a Christian school that I really believe in and that my husband will be rightnextdoorallday to her classroom =)
I'm gonna be strong...I'm gonna be fine! Don't worry about this heart of mine....
(Ace of Base? Anyone?)
We celebrated her last day as a pre-K girl with park and pizza and smoothies and a movie.
Love my school girl!!
Fin.

3 comments:

Madre said...

I will NEVER forget your first day at Kindergarten....not to mention that both of your brothers started that very same day. I was SO SAD that I was not even home to put you three on the bus. As I was driving to work when the announcer on WMHR said "I am going to be a grown up tomorrow, I am NOT going to cry when my daughter leaves for Kindergarten". It made me laugh, then it made me cry.
May God give you strength and JOY in this new chapter for Amelie. I love YOU!

Sheri said...

awwwwwwwww....Michelle! You make me smile- I know its hard, but think of the perks you have.....Daddy works right there, Christian school, no bus, almost 6 years old......just think of me sending my 4 year old (with needs) on a bus to a regular public school where I can't check on him:(- that's scary...watching the bus pull away......that brought tears tome eyes, even on the third day!

I am sure it will be a special time for you and Maeve and Ezra while A is at school!

Hang in there!

hugs!

Devin said...

"So don't turn around, cause you're gonna see my heart breakin'...
Don't turn around, I don't want you seein' me cry..."

I could go on. I shall spare you. Loved Ace of Base! Bwahahaha.

I understand exactly what you mean by the 'beginning of the end'. I felt exactly the same way. I just keep reminding myself that God has loaned these children to me FOR A TIME and that I am raising them to be strong men (and one woman *grin*) for HIM and then let them go. Hard. But Truth.

**hugs to you my friend**