Wednesday, January 25, 2012

We are still chugging along here--more long nights with no Daddy--luckily the kiddos have been precious. =)
I spent the afternoon catching up on my Beth Moore Study (the last week of When Godly People Do Ungodly Things). The reading this week is geared towards people who have made mistakes/fallen into sinful patterns and encourages us to embrace the freedom of forgiveness.
My favorite portion today, 
"A guilty conscience that precedes sincere repentance is the conviction of the Holy Spirit. A guilty conscience following sincere repentance is condemnation and that is not coming from God."
It's so easy to fall back into bad patterns of behavior because we (I) feel defeated. But in forgiveness we have victory because HIS forgiveness is Complete. We can't earn our way into God's good graces--His grace is enough. 
More than enough.
John 8:36
"If the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed."
It was a timely message for me today--so thankful for the Word. 
*****
In other news, it's still unseasonably warm here and I was able to enjoy a run today (YAY!) and we had some outdoor playtime as well. Ezra was a little sad and quiet (he misses Daddy =( ) but we still had fun.
Some pictures of my favorites:





No comments: