Friday, May 8, 2009

The Cry Of My Heart

As a Mother you find yourself wanting to do nothing more than to protect your child from
everything.
Oh-so-much easier said than done.
The best I can do for her (and for me)

is to bathe her in prayer and love

and equip her with the strength of character and mind

to live in a world so far from ideal.

I love you sweet one and pray that you stay as sweet, sensitive and loving as you are no matter what the world throws your way--because to me, you are perfect just as God made you and I am blessed to be your mother, friend and protector for this short while.

6 comments:

SarahV said...

ah, i'm crying! i'm right there with you friend! help her find her worth in Jesus and she will always be filled with joy, which can NEVER fade. both of your precious girls are in my prayers daily (and the new weber:). love you!!!

JerseyGranny said...

This is a beautiful, heartening post. It dosen't seem that long ago that I, too, echoed these thoughts for my sons. Now, Dad and I join you in prayer for our little ones.

~*~Bre~*~ said...

*tear* this was awesome! mommy-hood is the most amazing blessing and miracle, ever. it scares me knowing the things that my munchkin will come up against in the years to come. the world is so hateful and cruel. but, i know Who will be taking care of her, and Who will lead her in all she does; big or small. so, that makes my worries subside (maybe not completely, but for the most part). my little one is just like your girls.... so sweet, loving, and full of life... i pray daily that those characteristics follow in her love for her Heavenly Father.

Devin said...

This couldn't be any nearer to my heart, or closer to the truth. You are so, so right my friend.

Madre said...

After years of praying for/laying awake at night feeling concerned, heartbroken, missing, wondering if I did everything I COULD have done for my three darlings, I echo your prayer. Being a Mom is an amazing thing - As Aunt Judy says "it is hard to get used to watching your heart outside your body". Happy Mother's Day to my fav' daughter. You ARE a great Mom and I am proud of you.

Sheri said...

Nicely said- I like what your mom said too:)

Happy Mother's Day Michelle!