Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Little Things

I *heart* making lists.
It makes me feel like I've accomplished something...like I'm one step closer to a more orderly and fulfilling existence.
Ah...I could wax poetic about lists for a long time...but I'm pretty sure no one wants to read about that! Ha!
The list I've been working on lately is a bit more on the theoretical as opposed to practical side as I can't really put it into action for a few months but here are big purchases I'm thinking I'll need for baby number 3--you know, just for kicks:
1. another bedroom
(too bad I can't throw this into my cart at Target because this, my friends, will be a project!)
2. minivan. OY.
(because there is no stinkin' way that 3 Britax car seats will fit into the back of my
tiny little car. )
3. a crib
(you know, since we'll be using two for a while-
-i am so not ready to have a newborn and train a little 2 yo to sleep in a big girl bed!)
4. a sling of some sort
(i'm pretty sure i won't have any free hands for this baby to be held in =)
5. 0-6 month clothes
(even if it's a girl...cause you know, i was SURE after Maeve was born that we weren't going to go there ever again. ha!)
6. clothing storage
of some kind....now, where to put it? hmm...
7. a name
(because i'm already having second thoughts about the "perfect" girl name I had picked out and second, third and fourth thoughts about a boy name because boy names are soooo much more difficult!)
That's my list for now!
I hear whining in the distance--off to save the day!
Good night!

5 comments:

Megan and Company said...

You're welcome to borrow my hotsling. It was perfect for about the first five months with Leah. And, it is quite beautiful to boot.

You're also welcome to borrow my boy bins, *if need be*. My girl bins, too.

Can't help you with a room... or a crib. ;)

Pamela said...

Give me some color suggestions and I'll make you a sling.
Ask the Googles about Hotslings and MeiTai's and Podegi's, because I can make those. For an infant, I prefer the Hotsling style.
Happy Baby.

Micayla said...

I definitely have 0-6 months clothes if it's a girl, the 0-3 months are all winter stuff, so that'll work out for an October baby. We're still planning on having more kids, but hey, if we keep the clothes in the family I'm sure they'll cycle back around for our #2.

Emily said...

Oh my gosh, I didn't even THINK about the crib thing- or the extra bedroom thing. DARN IT.

Sheri said...

HTats quite the list!

Minivans are great- I would die without mine and I don't have 3 kids.....an extra bedroom- yeah- SERIOUSLY......do you think you might move?