Monday, May 4, 2009

Shelly's Snippets

1. Going to bed at 8:30 heals a myriad of ills. Love. Early. Bed-time. Ahh...
2. It's raining it's pouring--with no signs of stopping! Too bad my feet are swelling already so that I couldn't fit my stinkin' rain boots on.
Pregnancy is full of cruel and unusual punishments (all, however, TOTALLY worth it!).
3. Speaking of pregnancy...I've been craving turkey for weeks so I'm making one today! Woot! Turkey in May for no reason at all will be wonderful, I can feel it!
4. We had such a lovely weekend! Saturday started out rainy but turned out to be lovely in the afternoon. The girls played outside for hours with our little neighbor children and had a wonderful time! They got along perfectly and were all happiness and joy to be outside together. Amelie had a nervous breakdown when she had to come in for bed around 7. Poor thing! Ha!
5. The girls have both been sleeping from 7-7.... and I like it.
8. Amelie is pretending recently that her "wrist" is "broken" so she's been wearing a "cast" made out of toilet paper and tape. I have no idea how long this phase will last....oy!
9. I started and finished the "Queen of Babble" series by Meg Cabot this weekend. It was cute and light and fluffy and just what my brain needed to snack on.
10. Mr. Wonderful is nearly done travelling with music team and I couldn't be happier--I can't wait to have my husband back in church every Sunday with ME! woot!
11. Maeve is getting tall and smart and big and I don't like it. Well, it's good and wonderful and all but it's a little sad that she's much more a toddler then she is a baby. What a little love!
Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Pamela said...

There is nothing in the world like early bedtime. Except maybe turkey. I loves me some turkey.

Madre said...

Oh, the bittersweet joy of watching your darlings grow up before your eyes....it is terrifying to blink, because they grow up WAY 2 fast! love u