Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I Think I'm Broken

So...last night Mr. Wonderful and I snuck out of the house after the girls went to bed
(thanks to the remarkable Granny of the East for her superior babysitting skills! =)
and celebrated our anniversary Cheesecake Factory Style.
I was so excited about our date and eating all of that yummy food!
The only problem is that since I've been pregnant I haven't been able to eat.
We're talking no more than 5 bites of food at any one time.
And it. is. killing. me.
It's not like I live to eat or anything--but eating isn't enjoyable AT ALL when
a. you are never hungry
b. you get sick before, during and after a meal
Seriously, it's like the gastric bypass pregnancy--our little one has a choke hold on my entire digestive system!
So after only 5 mere french fries during my 11 oclock lunch with the girls I couldn't get more than 3 bites down at our 9 oclock dinner!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Somebody help meeee---
Cause I have a piece of Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake in the fridge that is just waiting to be eaten and I just can't do it.
This pregnancy stuff--it's full of cruel and unusual punishments.
(but of course, totally worth it and wonderful in the end...whenever that may be =)

11 comments:

Sheri said...

were you the same way with the girls or do you think you feel different with the boy? I always like to get peoples opinions:)

Shelly said...

all of my pregnancies have been radically different! this is the first time i've had the "unable to get 2 bites of food into my stomach syndrome." with maeve it was a 9 month barf-fest and with amelie i had a pretty easy pregnancy--just a lot of heartburn and sleeplessness. they were each horrible in their own special way =) haha!

Ree said...

That's the way I was with Shea. I didn't gain a lot of weight and actually lost towards the end b/c I couldn't eat. I was also following a diet b/c I was borderline Gestational Diabetic, and I couldn't eat as much as it call for. ( I did eat enough to bring my sugar down, though-thankfully!) My problem was she sat so high, she pushed on my stomach (and pushed my bottom ribs permanently out)...so like you it didn't take much to become full and stay that way!! It also cause severe indigetion and heartburn!! i totally feel ya!! But, like you, it was all worth it :)

Alison said...

Umm, you can send that cheesecake to Colorado, I'd be happy to take care of that for you! ;-) The Godiva is the BEST cheesecake ever invented!

Julie said...

That's a bummer! I never had a problem with eating while I was pregnant, which is probably partly to blame for how huge I got (especially with my first!).

Hoping you'll be able to indulge in your cheesecake very, very soon.

Amy said...

I can totally relate Michelle, although I can eat more then five bites I have to enjoy throwing it all up if I do, so therefore I try to eat small portions which is so unfair since when I do want to eat I want to get full not just "try" the food. I would rather be full for a while then constantly snack all day. Who has the time for that but I will do anything at this point to keep it all down. So best of luck with the cheesecake!

SarahV said...

well, now you can it enjoy the cheesecake for days rather than minutes :)

JerseyGranny said...

So sorry you're having a bad time of it. I think you are a pretty amazing pregnant lady!

Devin said...

Oh, Shelly--how I feel your pain on this one! It is awful, isn't it?

I supposed you could just polish off that cheesecake one bite at a time over the next several days...although I'm sure that's not ideal, at least you could maybe semi-enjoy it!

Jenny (Parker) Pittsley said...

I'm sorry it's so bad for you already. Well, I guess you don't have to worry much about weight gain! I began to question restaurants the last few months of my pregnancy. What's the use? I couldn't eat enough to make it feel worth going. All buffets were completely out of the question. No one has a pregnant mom's rate! Like you said, though, it's totally worth it. Plus it just makes you want to meet the baby that much more! Now that I'm breastfeeding, I've switched to a bottomless pit stomach, and I'm still losing weight at the moment. It's not all bad!

Emily said...

Oh, how I feel your pain! Just before lunch I realized I really didn't feel like eating anything, but talked myself into a few bites, knowing if I ate nothing I'd feel worse!

Went with a girlfriend to my favorite Japanese steakhouse last night, and talked the waitress into letting me order off the kids menu - and I still had a FULL take-home container! *sigh*