Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Sweet Surprise

A few days ago my friend Amy emailed to ask if I wanted to have lunch yesterday--you know, to recover from our recent move etc. Of course I said yes and yesterday she picked me up and drove me to a local town for lunch! It was a bit more complicated than that since that town was having a huge book festival and we had to park blocks away and drive in circles looking for a spot =) I was very surprised at how committed she was to eating there since we were having such a hard time just getting in to town! It was a beautiful day and we walked to the cutest restaurant ever
(I tried to put pictures up of their insides but they're all techy and complicated and won't let me copy them =).
Upon arrival she looked inside the restaurant and just kept walking through it--I was thinking, let's eat! I'm hungry!
(that's the pregnant lady talking)
but she just kept searching and we came upon a lovely room in the back--painted with beautiful murals and all of the sudden I saw all of my friends (even my Amish friend from far away!)! Which was weird b/c I wasn't expecting it!
I was thinking, "Wow--they're celebrating the fact that I've lived through my move!"
It honestly didn't occur to me that anyone would celebrate my sweet baby Ezra with a beautiful luncheon until I realized the little *E's* on the table were in recognition of him!
I can't tell you how special and loved and happy and SURPRISED I felt seeing all of my beautiful friends gathered there to surprise me! I've NEVER had a surprise before and apparently--I am not good at them--because I was so surprised I didn't even really come to terms with the surprise until today =)
(I promise to refrain from using the word surprise again in this post =).
Thank you friends for a lovely afternoon and a delish lunch! And although I think you all are strange for ordering breakfast food in the middle of the afternoon, I'll allow it because I love you all so much =)
(Sorry, Shelly doesn't *do* breakfast =)
Thank you Brie for being the lovely lady behind the operation and setting me up for the best surprise ever--I'm so glad you're my friend--seriously, so glad!!
And now that I've finally finished putting Ezra's dresser together I'm going to put away his new clothes! Woot!

5 comments:

Madre said...

I am thankful that your dear friends gave you such a sweet blessing. What a perfect way to welcome baby E !

Madre said...

p.s. "you used the word surprise another time in your post" ;o)

Pamela said...

My best girls threw me a surprise shower before Henry was born, under the guise of a Tupperware party. I was floored.

The point is I totally get not being one who is good with surprises, and how much you appreciate it. What special friends!

JerseyGranny said...

No one deserved it more, Michelle! Glad you had a pleasant afternoon!

Julie said...

That is SO sweet! What a great thing for your friends to do for you. Wonderful!