Thursday, October 1, 2009

Maeve The Marvelous And The Great Birthday Debate

The fact that my sweet little Maeve is turning 2 in a few short weeks hasn't completely slipped our minds, but we haven't really been planning for it either.
I am a BIG plan-ahead, buy-ahead, prepare-ahead kinda girl and I just haven't even had the brain to "go there."
I've been trying to think of ideas of things she would enjoy for a birthday gift that her sister doesn't already have! I'm totally in love with the
Rose Petal Cottage (and the accessories, of course--cause who doesn't want to watch Maeve pretend to do laundry and take care of a baby doll ?!?=) but can't convince my husband that we need to spend that much =)
Do you have any 2 year old girl ideas?
I need to do some research =)
But seriously, I can't believe how very big my baby girl is getting! *tear*!

4 comments:

JerseyGranny said...

hmmm....

Megan and Company said...

Leah is getting that for Christmas! It is currently in the attic and I can't wait to bust it out. We got the sink as a bonus gift and since she has a doll bed and stroller already, she'll be all set. A bit big for her birthday gift, because they are modest affairs here.

Leah is getting a doll sling. Which I am incredibly stoked to give her as she has been all "baby dolls" these days. It has taken a great amount of restraint to not give it to her already!

Julie said...

AWW! I love that cottage. SO cute. Maybe the grandparents could go together on it? I don't know what the budget is for it. And if they got her that, maybe Mr. W could agree to one of the accessories? Just an idea.

BluSkies80 said...

I think that I'm with Steve on this one! Def. a great Christmas gift but a bit hefty for a b-day gift. What a fun gift though, I'm sure she's going to love it regardless of when she gets it! It's hard to beleive that she's almost 2!