Tuesday, December 8, 2009

If I Could...

If I could I would bottle these moments up
I would freeze these fleeting days
spent with my three little ones.
The time is flying already
I want them to be babies forever
(um, but just not at night)
Every time they
do something
say something
look
precious
I want to burn the image into my mind and never ever forget it
like:
when Amelie was 5 months old and I was rocking her in my parents living room and the sun was shining just right
or
when I was holding baby Maeve as Amelie prayed to Jesus and asked to live in Heaven as we were tucking her into bed
or
when Maeve was holding baby Ezra for a solid 10 minutes and just kissing him and saying, "baby ehhhhzzzrahhh"
or
when Ezra gazes at me as long as his sleepy little lids will allow
I'm holding as many memories as possible
hostage
in my heart
I want to bottle these days
Save the time
Remember and cherish these moments, minutes, months
Forever.
There is joy all around me and I am thankful for it.

4 comments:

Devin said...

Oh, Shelly.

*sniff....tear*

That was so sweet. And, so very, very, very true. I couldn't understand MORE what you mean.

Micayla said...

Same here. I was just spending time with Ryleigh today, thinking the same thing.

JerseyGranny said...

We'll never look back on our lives with regret and say, "I wish I had cleaned the house more!" But making time for and savoring moments like these...well, Shelly, you spoke to many a mama's heart tonight.

Madre said...

Well said, dear Daughter. These are the hardest-yet-sweetest years of your life. BUT it is AMAZING to be a grannie, I TREASURE these grandchildren just as much as I did my own precious children.