Thursday, April 10, 2008

Awkward Moments Define My Life: Mommy Edition (A.K.A. no one would ever have known if I didn't share)

A has a little potty.
It looks like this:

I hate the little potty--mostly because it means more clean up whenever A goes to the bathroom and who has time for MORE clean up? Right?
Anyways, she was taking a nap the other day so I decided to "hide" the little potty so I didn't have to look at it, listen to it, or clean it anymore.
Storage is limited in my tiny apartment so I had to store it on the top shelf of one of our closets. I gingerly lifted the little potty over my head and just as I was about to slide it onto the top shelf I started getting wet.
Hmmm...I was thinking....
Why in the world am I getting wet?!?!?
Suddenly like lightning a terrifying realization struck my soul:
I forgot to empty and clean the potty before I took care of it....
Yep, covered in pee.
Nice, huh?
Luckily it wasn't very full--just full enough to give me a little shower.
Gross.
I'll never be the same...but then, motherhood kind of has that effect on one anyways.
The end.

9 comments:

Sheri said...

oh no! What a mess!!! Thats one for the books for sure!:)

SarahV said...

hahahahahahahahaha!!!! thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing! i'm going to laugh for a long time :)

sarah e. said...

you are a rockstar, superstar, and Wonder Woman.... all rolled into one!

Madre said...

What a funny story - Oh the things that moms get to "take care of" . Did grammarose ever tell you about the time that her gramma had emptied the indoor pot out the window and it showered over aunt dee? (aunt dee was sure her gram had done that on purpose)

Brie Latini said...

AHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! Sorry to laugh so hysterically at your little Golden Shower there, but that's just too funny! I amazed you didn't BURN the thing after that instead of just hiding it! Well, one good thing about my working in a hospital is that I have already come into contact with more nastiness then I could ever imagine! It's great practice for when I'M a mama some day! :-)Thanks for sharing such a great story!! ;-)

Kim said...

Ok so I HAD to giggle a little bit but at the same time I actually said "OOooh Nooooo" to my computer. Girl.... that was funny, but then again it wasn't exactly funny for you.

Ree said...

OOHHH!! Been there!!

charmed1 said...

Now that I'm done laughing...That's gross! I would have freaked out! I'd still be in the shower!

Julie said...

Hmm...that's a new one. I have been peed ON, but it came "direct from the source"...LOL

Glad you have recovered, and I'll venture to guess that you will check the potty next time before moving it! Isn't that what life's all about - learning from our mistakes?