Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Things That Keep Me Up At Night

M has a dirty little secret.

She's been flipping onto her stomach at night to sleep.

Not that I can blame her, I prefer sleeping on my stomach as well.

But sheesh, I have a hard time sleeping when she sleeps so peacefully.

(And doesn't she know--"back" to sleep?)

And I've read you ought to re-flip them back onto their back for safer sleep

but it just doesn't work that way for M.

She flips back instantly.

My little flippy baby.

Ah...the things that keep me up at night are the things that keep her sound asleep.

4 comments:

Ree said...

I know!! Isn't it a shame that when they are peaceful & quiet and you should be resting, you lie awake or check on them a thousand times!!

charmed1 said...

She's just trying to keep you on your toes. I know how she feels - I can't sleep on my back it's tummy all the way!

Sheri said...

Oh I hear you...Sammy was late at rolling over, but I freeked out when I cought him doing it....especially since he still had breathing problems.....I would flip him over when I could, but I missed it often.....wouldn't you know, these days he sleeps like his daddy on his back! I think he was just trying to stress me out!:)

Megan and Company said...

Ah, yes. Leah is also a tummy sleeper as well. But, since she sleeps so seldom at night... I miss it because I'm ZONKED out.