Wednesday, April 2, 2008

It takes a lot of money to look this cheap.

...ah, true genius spoken by one of my favorite chicks ever--Dolly Parton. I love Dolly. I can't stress that enough. LOVE her! I was thrilled to see her on American Idol and I mean thrilled!

You see, a funny thing has happened to me since I've become a mama--I feel everything like never before. Yep, I've become the crazy lady who cries at commercials and when listening to songs on country radio and I never thought it would happen. When I saw Dolly on screen my eyes literally welled up with tears. I know, this makes me insane AND ridiculous but I had to share it in the spirit of full disclosure.
Why oh why does she mean so much? Well, since you're dying to know, I'll tell ya!
My Grandma Rose was a big fan of Dolly and blasted her songs all the time (and especially her album at Christmas). Every time I hear Dolly I am transported to a time when Grandma and I would rock out in the basement to her music. Boy, Grandma really could get her groove on in the basement.
Anyways, I was glad to see her on last night and am excited to see her perform tonight. I've made a resolution to head to DollyWood someday when the girls are a bit bigger and I'd like to see her in concert. And I think she looks pretty stinkin' good for 6(plasticsurgery)2.
And, just in case you wanted to know who my:
is.....

Go David Cook! Your ability to turn old songs into something new and cool are amazing (I've always had a soft spot in my heart for musical men you know)!

You are my American Idol!

(I'm sure he'd be thrilled to hear it!)

4 comments:

SarahV said...

he's my favorite too!!! we were meant to be friends :)

Sheri said...

Thats who Jon wants to win....not that he gets to watch it much....but thats who he seems to like:)

Ree said...

I love Dolly,too! I totally agree about David Cook. I haven't heard him sound horrible yet!! Everything he sings he adds his sparkle to!!!!

charmed1 said...

I don't watch American Idol but I totally feel you when you saythat you cry at anything. I do the same thing! Thank God I'm not alone!!!