Thursday, April 24, 2008

New Series...."Little Known Facts About Shelly" Part Un

So, since this blog is all about indulgence for me I thought I would start a new series starring me and little known facts about me.... I'm starting it mostly because a) I want to and b) I can. HA! Seriously though, blogging is my one indulgence now that I'm sticking like white on rice to my diet and exercise plan-so humor a girl =)



Little Known Fact #1: Shelly has GREEN eyes.




You might be thinking that it's strange that my eye color is a little known fact but it's been a cause for debate in my home for YEARS. I grew up knowing that my eyes weren't dark brown like my mother's or twin brothers' eyes or blue like my father's. I wasn't quite sure what color they were but was convinced all growing up that I had "hazel" eyes.


Now, there is nothing wrong with hazel eyes-I think they are very pretty--it's just that my eyes AREN'T hazel....I specifically remember asking my mother when I got my driver's license what color my eyes were called and she said, "Well, they're hazel!" So, that's what I put down!


It wasn't until a year or so later I actually stared intently at my eyes (probably during a major eyebrow-pluck fest in college when I had to study nothing better to do) and realized to my horror and delight that my eyes are in fact Green! Not brown...not hazel but green!


I called my mom up right away with the news and said, "Mom, you're never going to believe it when I tell you--but my eyes are GREEN!"


She matter of factly replied that they aren't and TO THIS DAY WILL NOT ADMIT THAT THEY ARE GREEN!


Well, Mama, here is the proof! They're green I say and you'll never be able to convince me otherwise =)


I guess it's not a big deal in the big scheme of life but I just thought you should know what to say if anyone ever asks you what color my eyes are....