Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Ten Things About Tuesday

1. Maeve had a grandgirl day today--a trip to the aquarium! She came back with her face painted like a butterfly and a story about how a frog talked to her--here is their conversation:
Frog: "Maeve won't you come and play with me?"
Maeve: "No I am too big to fit in your cage."
The end. =)
2. When Maeve came back with Granny--Amelie left! Granny got her the list of school supplies needed for 1st (choke, sob, scream) grade--yay!! Can't believe it how big my big girl is!!!
3. Also, Amelie got her ears pierced! Granny joked with Amelie that they should pierce her ears (Amelie usually wails when we talk about it) and suddenly she decided she was ready! Ha! She is SO proud of her lovely lobes and I'll post pictures when I'm feeling a little less lazy.
4. Amelie and I worked on packing for vacation today! Yay!!!!
5. Ezra played with his new train set (Ikea) all day. He cheers when he makes the train go forward and screeches when it falls off of the track! So funny!
6. There was the most amazingly beautiful and BRIGHT rainbow this evening!
Genesis 9: 12
And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations: 13I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth."
7. We spent most of the morning stuck waiting inside as the *fence-man* was coming to put a privacy fence along the back of our yard. He was late because their warehouse was backed up and by the time he got here and unloaded it started to rain and he had to leave. Boo.
8. Speaking of rain, I took Amelie and Ezra to the pool for a quick swim--we were in the water no more than 5 minutes when lightning was spotted and we had to leave. Bummer. 
9. It's a takeout-after-bedtime-night. Woot!!
10. Goodnight! =)

1 comment:

JerseyGranny said...

The summer is just flying by! So sad to see it go; we've been having so much fun! It just doesn't seem like enough time. Dad and I are so thankful for you all and the time we have with you!