Thursday, July 28, 2011

Things I Don't Want To Forget

Amelie, Age 6
My beautiful Amelie girl is full of sweetness and sassy-ness too! =) She is such a help to me and is full of a desire to be responsible and helpful. Lately she's been skipping quiet time to help me do chores, because she *wants* to and I can't believe how grown up she seems/is. She is so much like me (emotional, organized, creative) and unlike me (adventurous, sporty, fun-loving) and I love every bit and piece of her. My sweet girl is so lovely to me.
Maeve, Age 3

Maeve has recently fully mastered the potty and seems even bigger than ever because of it. I'm so proud of her for being a big girl and doing big girl things even though she longs to be the baby. She is so stinkin' funny--just like her Daddy! She loves to make everyone laugh all the time. Maeve still loves spending hours playing with whatever she can find and has started talking and sharing her own ideas more than ever. It is wonderful and also heartbreaking--to see her act so grown up. She is my funny little love-bug.
Ezra, Age 1

My. Handsome. Guy. He is everyone's little sunshine! The girls adore him and so do I--his smile could light up the world! He has started using many words and small phrases--most of them only I can understand but I know exactly what he means! He loves to sing and harmonize with us and is very interested in music and interacting with the family. He has even learned our family's little inside joke and can perform it on command. He is such a wonderful little man!
I'm thankful. Children are a blessing--a tiresome, lovely, difficult, exhausting, overwhelming, magnificent blessing!


Psalm 127:3
Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him.

No comments: