Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I have had many quiet moments of waiting, and worrying and wondering over the past 2 weeks.
And I think these are the lessons the Lord is working on teaching me:
1. Rejoice Always. Pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18
2. For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. Psalm 100:5
3. Nothing reaches me or my life that hasn't been placed there by the Lord for a reason--For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jer. 29:11
***
I find it "ironic" that I am struggling so desperately with health and being thankful the week of Thanksgiving--a friend posted a great article on having an attitude of Thanksgiving--my favorite paragraph came towards the end--in regards to what you ought to tell someone who is struggling--
"The world, Satan, and my own sinful heart are oriented away from thanksgiving. 
The best way to help someone like me is to point me to Jesus. 
Remind me who Jesus is and what he has done. 
Remind me that he has taken care of my greatest problem, 
which is my own sin, and that he is sovereign over everything else I could ever face."
 ***
So I am going to work on having a heart full of thanksgiving--even though this Thanksgiving week is FAR from what I had looked forward to/envisioned. And even though my sweet Amelie isn't home (well, she's home in NY just not with me) I still have A LOT to be thankful for and I choose to focus on that in the midst of this current storm. 
***
 My most important number 1 thanks that outshines all the other things I am thankful for?
Salvation. My hope, my future and my life are secure in Christ--He completed all the work necessary to save my soul and I can rest in Him and His promises.
***
Speaking of storms--
Ezra and Maeve outside playing in the rain this morning---poor Ezra wearing girl boots/coat. I guess what he doesn't know won't hurt him! =)
And also in the "storm" category--if you think of it, please pray for my Maeve--she is going through some"thing" and has been extraordinarily um....terrible? These two weeks. I'm sure she's reacting to the stress of my sickness and the turbulence of me being in and out of the house and at the doctors--her little heart is so full of disobedience it makes me sad. She usually is so lovely--poor lamb. 
Anyways, that's it.
I am going to work on a heart full of Thanksgiving!

No comments: