Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wednesday Snippets

Maeve had preschool today for the first time in WEEKS so I was excited for the chance to get a few errands done with just one kiddo around! =)
After we dropped her we headed to Picture People to pick up our family pictures (that we took on Friday) only to be told that their printers have been broken for over a week and our prints still weren't done (even though they were promised on Saturday). Gah. I ended up getting some free prints out of the deal but I would have liked to get my pictures! =)

Ezra was a little monster-y while we were out--he has started the full toddler melt down (scream, limp like a noodle) when he doesn't get his way. Maeve never really went through this phase so I'm a bit out of practice at scrapping children off the ground! Ha! Oh well.

They ended up being super tired and taking long/early/awesome naps (again, woot) so I rewarded myself by making this delicious-ness:

And just cause I like you so much--here's the recipe for super easy Chocolate Mousse:
1/4 c chocolate chips
1 tblsp milk
1/2 c heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla
2 tblsp sugar
1 egg yolk (lightly beaten)
**mix chocolate chips/milk in heavy saucepan and melt on low
**once melted add a little to egg yolk and mix and then transfer back to the pot, cook for 2-ish minutes until a little thicker and combined
**when finished cool
**mix cream with sugar and vanilla into whipped cream and stir into cooled chocolate mixture

This was seriously amazing and delicious for 5 minutes worth of effort--and yes, it took that long with the cooling b/c I just stuck it in the freezer for a minute.
Anyways =) It's another Mr.Wonderful-is-working night so the kiddos and I are going to watch a movie. =)

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: