Sunday, October 3, 2010

Crisis Of Epic Proportions

It all started when we rearranged the living room this week and took down the changing table--because really, Ezra has turned it into a wrestling-match-of-death table and it was impossible to use safely with him.
So I put the little changing pad up in the attic and closed the door and felt a little sad...nostalgic even...for all the baby butts that I have changed there.
(I refuse to take the pack and play down from my bedroom though! Gah!)

And then he started doing this:
Walking all around the house pushing Maeve's little Dora-mobile. He can stop it and turn it around and walk around it and pushes it everywhere. 
Soon he'll be walking. 
He's so big. 
*SOB*

And then there's this one:
She'll be 3 in a few weeks.
(17 days)
It's k*i*l*l*i*n*g me.
I was ok with Amelie turning three because she's my big girl and I had baby Maeve...but now with Maeve turning three she's not at baby at all anymore. 
You can still kind of pretend that a 2yr is a baby..but 3? 
Not so much. 
She got her preschool acceptance letter this week.
*SOB*
I'm not sure I can send her...mostly because I haven't potty trained her yet...but also because I'm not sure my heart can take it! 
We might be delaying until January....
*Dramatic Sigh*
Also
*SOB*

Last but not least there's this one:
All she wants for Christmas is her two front teeth....
I'm going to go curl up in the fetal position now and dream about the time when they were all teeny tiny.
On second thought, maybe I'll just make extra sure to cherish every moment tonight, tomorrow, this week and beyond.
My little (big) blessings!!

No comments: