Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Obsessed

I was going through our old movies the other day and came upon The Prince of Egypt.
It came out when I was in college and my husband and I have always really enjoyed that movie.
It isn't very often that a big budget movie gets so many details right when it comes to a Biblical story! 
My girls, and especially Maeve, are totally obsessed with it! 
The only thing I have to "get past" when watching is Sandra Bullock as Miriam. Holy Cow. She just sounds soooo *sandra* that I can't get past it.
Anyways, if you haven't watched it in a while you totally should--it's sooo well done. 
I haven't watched it since becoming a mother--and let me tell you-
I. was. sobbing. 
Seriously!

Watching Jochebed sing Moses a lullaby *while placing him in a basket and sending him down the river?!?!?*
um, sobbing.




AHH!!! Baby Moses!!! Watch out for the hippos!!! And the rapids!!!!
Gah!!!!
Also the music.
So good.
Deliver Us? Amazing!

There Can Be Miracles When You Believe?
Power Ballad Love.
(Hello Mariah and Whitney-at-your-prime!)
What an amazing reminder of all that the Hebrew people have gone through!
What a powerful story!
Exodus is full of such good, real, edge-of-your-seat kind of stuff!
Slaves in Egypt?
The Plagues?
The parting of the Red Sea?!?
Moses ignoring his own i-don't-wanna-be-a-leader tendencies and with the strength of God becoming the deliverer of the people of Israel?
And then at the end, when Moses walks off the mountain with the 10 commandments--I'm all--Moses, don't look down!! The golden calf! You're gonna smash the commandments!
But it ends all majestic and Hollywood-like with a triumphant Moses and people. =)
Amazing.
The end.

No comments: