Thursday, January 14, 2010

When I was young I loved to watch my Mom. I watched her get ready in the morning. I watched her do devotions and make breakfast. I watched (and frequently interrupted) her talking on the phone-you get the picture.
I was just usually near her.
And now I see my own children--hovering like little satellites in orbit around me--watching me get dressed, cook dinner, check my email, watching me change diapers, watching me clean, watching me get the mail etc and so on....
In fact, the other day I was checking my email and took this picture of them--
sitting there
smiling
and staring at me...

january 080

And it made me feel grown up and all parental like.

I'm glad they like being near me cause I really really like being near them too.

5 comments:

JerseyGranny said...

Three precious angels! Your post and the pic made me smile and warmed my heart!

Devin said...

You have a lot of good pics of the kids--but that classifies as a GREAT one.

I love it. They're such blessings.

Megan and Company said...

Priceless!

Sheri said...

so true huh?!

Madre said...

Just wait till they are NOT near you.....there are no words for this - I will never get over that my sweet girl is far away. LOVE U