Sunday, January 31, 2010

Distraction Tactics 101

It has been a challenge
(to say the least)
to convince Ezra to stay still long enough to have a breathing treatment.
I've tried sitting and holding him
*slinging* him (in a sling--not like, through the air =)
walking with him
sitting him in his bouncer
etc.
and so on.
It didn't work.
*But* I found something that did!
My little e-boy may have inherited my sad little lungs--but he also inherited
(apparently)
my love of art.
He can't get enough of the Van Gogh print I've hung in the living room and he
finally
finally
finally
stays still *long enough* for his treatments. FK4ZD00Z

Praise God and Amen!

((That boy of mine may have bad lungs but he also has good taste =))

7 comments:

Megan and Company said...

Leah would only stay still long enough if I stuck a boob in her mouth. I'll have to try some art next time!

Pamela said...

huzzah for good taste!

Melody said...

That's really cute : )

Madre said...

I wonder how he would do if he was laying on a play mat, like we got his Eboy cousin???? Eboy of the North LOVES to lay on his mat and bat things around.

Emily said...

slinging him - LOL!

A Repletion of Reverie said...

next time maybe you can try "Irises" and there's always the timeless "Starry Night" yay for Vincent!

Devin said...

Glad you found something that works...I always used to put E down for naps in the bouncy seat, and do his treatments while he slept! He never fought me while sleeping :)