Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My First Big CVS Deal. Woot.

IMG_9362
2 Purex Complete (Buy 1 Get 1 for 1 cent)
2 Glade Sense and Spray ($6 each)
4 Sobe Energy Drinks (BOGO $1.79 each)
1 Crest Mouth Wash ($3.50)
Grand Total (with sale price but before Coupons): $26.00 (ish)
After coupons: $7.00 out of pocket
But wait, there's more!! They gave us $7.50 in bucks BACK for our next visit AND I have a $5 rebate to fill out for the Glade products bringing us to a grand total of:
$5.50 EARNED!

They paid me $5.50 to TAKE AWAY $50 (pre-sale) of products!!!
Can I get a woot woot?!

4 comments:

Melody said...

That's AWESOME!!! CVS must be an East Coast store. I don't think we have them on the West Coast : (

Devin said...

Woot Wooooooooooooot!

You know, my problem with couponing (and part of the reason that I don't do it well) is that it seems like the products that they give coupons for are never things I really need/use. Also, that the generic of the same items is usually still cheaper at Walmart (where I grocery shop) than the non-generic item, even AFTER the coupon. Like, I could buy 10 packets of generic oatmeal for $1.50, and the Quaker brand is $3, with a .50 cent coupon. Making it still cheaper to lose the coupon and buy the generic.

Do you find that you are running into that at all? I'm curious....you've got my mind going on how I want/need to work at saving even more money for the fam!

p.s. We do not have ANY where close to me that doubles coupons...

Julie said...

I NEED to do that kind of stuff, I just can't find the motivation to do it. My friends' friend offers a coupon class and my friend is always telling me about all the fantastic deals she gets, I just haven't made myself take the class. I probably should, as my crafting habits are getting more expensive every day. :)

SarahV said...

yes you can. woot woot!