Things are going well in the land of save-a-lot (or at least, the land of save-a-little). Progress report:
1. Shopping at Shop Rite v. Wegmans. I must preface this by telling my lover Wegmans that we'll always be friends....it's not *you* it's *me* ((and my desire to have coupons doubled and to see items I use hit rock bottom prices every 4 to 6 weeks.)) I really fell for you and your pretty stores and your desire to keep prices at one even, low price all year long without fluctuation but the sales and the double coupons have me. I'm sorry. I'll still visit once a month for EPI bread, the Grandma Brown Baked Beans, Gianelli Sausage, Hoffman Hotdogs and Buck Salt (central NY staples!!) I promise.
Our grocery bill this week had me convinced: usually we spend $100-$120 a week at Wegmans. Eesh. At Shop Rite? $56. Um, that's so close to half it makes me sick. I'm switching and sticking to Weggies for special occasions.
2. We did a big rookie *fail* at Walgreens and tried to pay for an item using Register Rewards and getting them in the same transaction--usually it works--just not when you are earning and paying with RR from the same company. Rookie mistake. Will NOT happen again!
3. Did a "free" trip to CVS--nothing big but getting free shampoo makes my hair more manageable or something. Also the Cereal--Kellogg's--Two boxes for 50 cents. Nice. Love the coupons.
4. Swagbucks: I haven't traded any in yet and am saving up--for 235 bucks you can get $20 at Target...Holding out hope to get there by my birthday--I think I will! Woot! $20 for searching the web? AND I get to go to my favorite store. So Easy. So Awesome.
5.Shop At Home: I've already earned my $20!!! It gets mailed next week and will possibly be higher by then! Woot! Seriously. I can't believe they give you money when you BUY things you needed or would have anyways!!
6. Last but not least-(-I cheated just a smidge here-)-I ordered Diapers and used my Mother-In-Law's address (w/her permission) and rec. the $10 off for new addresses and free shipping and can sign up for the new $15 rebate they are giving! That's two huge boxes of diapers, an extra large pack of wipes for $25 SHIPPED free. Nice. Want to sign up? Go to Diapers(dot)com and tell them I sent ya...or type in this code: MICH4199. When you refer people they hook you up with a discount too! ALSO: I searched diapers(dot)com at shopathome and will ALSO rec. CASHBACK for that order too. Oh man. So Exciting!!!
*To sum it all up.
I LOVE THE GIFT OF FREE.
It makes me happy.