Saturday, November 13, 2010


This Fall weather has put me in the mood (more often than not) for comfort food. I made a trip to Wegmans (it's been too long!!) and bought my favorite artisan bread and made this yummy spinach dip from a friend's recipe:

2 tbsp grated Parm Cheese
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 of a 10oz box of frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1/4 c of whipping cream
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp garlic salt (I bought some garlic/sea salt grinder thingy from Wegmans. Let's just say it's pretty awesome).

Combine cream cheese and whipping cream in greased mini crock pot (or sauce pan). Cover and heat until cheese is melted (30-60 min for crock pot)

add remaining ingredients, cover and heat for additional 30 min
********************************************************************
Next time I make this I want to try it with chips....you know--just so I know which snacking option is the best. =)

In other news, it was a beautiful, perfect, Fall day! So warm and lovely! Let'e keep our fingers crossed that the weather stays this nice for the upcoming holiday!

Granny and Pop visited tonight so that Amelie and Pop could work on her new collection--Stamps! Amelie loves stamp collecting with Pop--it's their special bonding time. =)

That's it I suppose. I think I'm going to watch a movie tonight--my husband bought me *An Education* and I'm interested to see how it is! I'll let you know. =)

No comments: