Monday, August 3, 2009

Where I Am Right Now

I am *trying* to:
Walk by faith and not by sight,
To listen and obey,
To patiently wait, for plans that are not my own to unfold,
To be thankful for doors that are open and doors that are not,
To take comfort in the fact that I am not in control
(even though I would like to be),
And to be filled with peace in the midst of the waiting and not-knowing-ness of it all.
To come to terms with the fact, that being a Christian, or Christ-follower means acting as a well behaved (not petulent) child.
Today I feel as though I am 4 and it is not exactly easy-
No wonder Amelie gets so grumpy sometimes!
Tee hee!

3 comments:

Devin said...

Those are difficult things to do, are they not?

Praying for you, my friend.

Pamela said...

I hope things have gotten better since you posted!

JerseyGranny said...

Jesus is right beside you, Shelly. His will be done. Dad and I are praying! Love you!