Sunday, May 1, 2011

I was really looking foward to church today (even though my husband is out traveling with the music ministry team)! As if the kind greetings of friends and church family, and the uplifting hymns of praise weren't enough, our pastor shared a passage in Isaiah that really *spoke* to me: 
Isaiah 46: 3, 4
  “ Listen to Me, O house of Jacob,
      And all the remnant of the house of Israel,
      Who have been upheld by Me from birth,
      Who have been carried from the womb:
       4 Even to your old age, I am He,
      And even to gray hairs I will carry you!
      I have made, and I will bear;
      Even I will carry, and will deliver you."

I love so much that God took the time in His word to share with us that He has always carried us--from before we were born and still in the womb, until we're old and gray! 
What a blessing to be a child of God's! 
What a blessing it is to know that in spite of whatever happens during our time on earth, that at each moment He holds us in the palm of His hand. 
Thank you Lord!
So thankful that I could be in church today!