Sunday, November 29, 2009

To My One And Only *Son* On The Occasion Of *One Month* Of You!

Sweet Boy,
A month ago,
(the fastest month ever)
at this time of night, I was sitting and thinking and wondering,
"Hmm....is that a contraction?"
(In case you're wondering, it was.)
4 weeks ago I finally met you! You were hanging out for farrr too long and I was just a-dyin' on the vine to see your face. I was certain you would never come.
Seriously. Quite certain.
But then there was you and I've never been the same
(mostly b/c of the horrible labor I've endured and will never let you forget about,
but also because of how wonderful you are).
I'm mother to a son and I am so thankful that God sent you to be a part of our family.
There is nothing more satisfying than rocking you at night and praying for you in the wee hours;
there is nothing more amazing than seeing you smile and holding you close;
there is nothing more exciting than to see how much your sisters and Daddy love you already.
Amelie says every day to me--"Mama, I'm so thankful for brother! I can't believe we have the cutest baby!"
Maeve mostly just pokes you in the eye....but she also kisses you on the forehead frequently--which is meaningful because she doesn't willingly kiss anyone else. =)
One of the first times Daddy held you in his arms he lifted you up and proclaimed,
"Ezra! My firstborn son! You shall save the people from their ugliness!"
And I just about died. He's funny and kind and selfless and full of love--
I hope you grow up to be just like him.
And more importantly I hope you grow up to be just like Jesus and that we teach you enough about Him that you want to.
I hope you know forever that you are loved and cherished.
That we are thankful for you.
And that no. matter. what. you are exactly what you are supposed to be because God made you exactly the way He wanted you to be.
You are amazing and delightful. I can't wait to see who you turn in to.
We love you precious little lamb forever and always!
xoxo
Mama

1 comment:

Pamela said...

if he can save the people from their ugliness, he will be a raging success.