Friday, March 11, 2011

In Bible Study yesterday (still Beth Moore's *Breaking Free*) our pastor's wife was discussing Ephesians, and as an aside remarked how much she loved the book. 

So, I thought last night in my reading I would go through it slowly and only read the first two chapters. Honestly, it never ceases to amaze me how new and different each chapter of the Bible is every time I read them--I always get something from my reading even if I've read it time and time again--there is always something great to take away.
 Amazing. 
There is no other book like The WORD!

The first part of Ephesians chapter 2 discusses that we have been saved by God's grace from the punishment we all deserve for sinning (death, hell, separation from Him). And the second half Ephesians Chapter 2 really spoke to my heart specifically last night discusses how we ALL can have confident access to God. I can't even explain how these verses made my heart sing last night--even though I *know* this and have studied it--I'm so thankful to be reminded of God's promises to us!
************************************ 

2: 11 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called “uncircumcised” by those who call themselves “the circumcision” (which is done in the body by human hands)— 
12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 
 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
 14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility,  
15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace,  
16 and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility.  
17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near
18 For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.
 19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 
20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 
21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord.
22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit. 
*********************************************
What a blessing to know that we can have a hope and a future with God, in Heaven because of Christ and his death on the cross. 
I'm so thankful that I am no foreigner to the covenants of the promise! 
That I have hope! 
That I *belong*! 
That I have relationship with God! 
Amazing. 

Thank you Lord for reminding me at just the right moments that I belong to You!

No comments: