Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I wish politics weren't so political

I was reading another of my favorite blogs today which quoted an article her brother blogged about here ( I know that's convoluted by that's how blog land works baby!). Now, I'm not much for politics except to say that I'm ultra conservative and don't really feel comfortable voting for anyone running for president but reading this article and these highlighted facts was enough to make me ill.

*Barack is the most pro-abortion member of the Senate, with his straight A+ report card from the National Abortion Rights Action League and Planned Parenthood. He supports the late-term procedure known as partial-birth abortion, where the baby's skull is stabbed with scissors in the birth canal and the brains are sucked out to end its life swiftly and ease passage of the corpse into the pan.

*When Congress was voting to ban this terrible form of death for a mature fetus, Michelle Obama was signing fundraising letters pledging that, if elected, Barack would be "tireless" in keeping legal this "legitimate medical procedure."

*Thrice in the Illinois legislature, Obama helped block a bill that was designed solely to protect the life of infants already born, and outside the womb, who had miraculously survived the attempt to kill them during an abortion. Thrice, Obama voted to let doctors and nurses allow these tiny human beings die of neglect and be tossed out with the medical waste.

*In 2007, Barack pledged that, in his first act as president, he will sign the Freedom of Choice Act, which would cancel every federal, state or local regulation or restriction on abortion. The National Organization for Women says it would abolish all restrictions on government funding of abortion.What we once called God's Country would become the nation on earth most zealously committed to an unrestricted right of abortion from conception to birth.

7 comments:

Devin said...

Ugh....I've never liked this guy (I'm conservative, too) but I didn't realize he was that bad. Thank you for this information...mind if I pass it along on my blog?

Shelly said...

pass along pass along! =)

Madre said...

thank you for updating his stand on this important issue.....I am concerned because he is a gifted speaker and I am afraid that Americans are going to fall hook/line and sinker for his smooth talk.

charmed1 said...

That is so me of the most disgusting stuff that I have ever read. IMO there is absolutely NO ONE running in this election that is worth voting for. Also IMO we need a Clinton back in the White House. I know everyone has their own opinion on this type of thing and that's mine. No one has to agree with me. I think we can all agree that Obama needs to be the recipient of a serious beatdown!

Julie said...

I'm with you on the whole "not feeling comfortable voting for anyone running for president"...

My whole family (with the exception of about 6 of us) are democrats, which makes family functions pretty interesting. My grandpa LOVES to stir the pot, although he never has anything to back up his claims of how evil the republicans are.

Guess many democrats think killing babies isn't evil?

A Jersey Girl said...

My husband worked for a member of Congress from IL for 8 years and we(he more than me) spend alot of time out there and have seen Obama from the early days. He is one liberal guy and his abortion stance barely scratches the surface of his liberalness(not to mention the corruption in IL politics:)

It is too bad that people don't want to see who he really is, just that he speaks well and about change. Sometimes I wonder about the American voters.

Emily

Sheri said...

I agree with your mom and Emily....he is such a smooth talker and many americans just don't know all the other stuff....I had no idea he was that liberal and I LIVED in illinois for a few years while he was senator! You really have to do your research when it comes to politics, b/c the media only puts up what they want you to know.... YIKES! I know this is nieve of me, but I can't beleive that there are people out there today that still think late term abortions are ok....especailly with all the preemies born that survive and thrive!!!!) (b/c of sammy I have come across a lot of people that have had 24 weekers etc..... and they are amazing little miracles.....deffinately a baby!) I am not ok with any abortion, but the partial birth is just awful and I don't understand how anyone could think its ok.....( I'm a little postpartum these days....:)) sorry:)