Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The NJ Blues: A.K.A. I don't think I'll ever recover.

Meh. Everytime I leave NY it's harder than the time before.
I want to live where my closest neighbor can't been seen, where 3 cars going by a day is traffic, where the crickets are the loudest noises, where the grass is soft and perfect for laying on, where the sun doesn't glare and the breeze doesn't smell.
It was physically painful for me to leave NY this time around...I could barely push the gas pedal down, and believe me, I'm really really good at pressing that gas pedal!
I've been praying for the last 11 years that God might see fit to bring me "home"
So, far He hasn't brought me there, and He might never do so, but I'm thankful at least for a visit, a chance to breathe in the grass and soak in the views.
Home Sweet Home--I love you so much it hurts me....




4 comments:

Lindsay said...

This is funny to me because I live in Kansas. And when you live in Kansas you don't think of New York as being "country" ( I know, it's not just NY City). Wide open spaces do feel nice though.

charmed1 said...

I wish you'd come home,too :)

Sheri said...

awwwwww....I understand......course i keep telling God i'd settle for a 5 hour radius!:)

Madre said...

As daddeo and I got home after being away for a week, I was so thankful to be home. But I have to say it doesn't really feel like home until all my darlings are gathered around my table.