Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Urgh Stupid Ebay--Our love affair has ended

Seriously, do not sell your items on Ebay b/c they have recently come up with the "clever" idea that a seller cannot leave negative feedback for a buyer--even though the buyer may still leave negative feedback.
So say you have a buyer who won one of your auctions and then decides they don't want it after they've won and they ask if they can just pretend they never won the auction and you say "no" b/c bidding is the equivalent of a contract on ebay and so they go ahead and pay for the item and then leave negative feedback that you wouldn't let them "unbuy" the item just to screw you over and when you write ebay and tell them what happened they say--"oh sorry, there is nothing we can do to help you" and your feedback is forever marred b/c an evil vindictive person is out there in the world.
It is unfair and wrong.
The moral of the story is--do not sell on ebay.
Just stick to buying.
Or, maybe, just give it up all together.
The End.

7 comments:

Ree said...

I was going to ask you about selling b/c I have a few items I was 'thinking' of selling there.
I did see how they changed that feedback thing...which to me makes NO sense!! If you are a bad buyer then it should be stated so. Plus, now w/this new thing who's gonna believe if you really are a 'GOOD' buyer because you don't get bad feedback???

Erica said...

I never got into ebay, but love craigslist. You list your items...with photos if you'd like and then people from your area contact you about the item...then you arrange to meet or have them come to your house. I've done both, buying and selling...its easy and wonderful (not perfect either though). You might want to give it a try. BTW...I always have my husband go with me to pick up items and also make sure he's home when people are picking up for safety's sake.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Ebay's new policy is D.U.M.B.! Enjoyed the post. Maren

Julie said...

Yeah, I used to buy/sell fairly often on eBay, but with all of the increases in fees and now this new feedback change...it IS ridiculous. It's supposed to "solve" the issue of retalitory feedback, but it doesn't solve the bad buyer problem!

Sorry you had a bad experience.

Megan and Company said...

EBAY has gotten ridiculous. I would keep fighting for your FB, though. I had an issue and at first their response was the canned "We don't change FB" and after a week the negative FB magically disappeared.

I'm VERY hesitant to sell on ebay anymore. It stinks because I have a TON of baby clothes I was hoping to unload. I've used craigslist and while it has draws, it's just not as effective as EBAY for some items.

charmed1 said...

I was addicted to buying on ebay for a while. I was thinking about doing some selling but wasn't sure what it entailed. Maybe I won't after all...

Emily said...

I'm with erica, go w/ craigslist. Better than trying to have a yard sale!
I was about to get mad at ebay anyways for letting sellers charge ridiculous sums of money for shipping. I just bought a screen cover for my new nikon for like 75 cents, but homeboy charged five bucks for shipping- the thing is tiny! He can easily send it for 42 cents. Ok, I'm over it. Thanks for letting me rant.