Sunday, December 7, 2008

If I Only Had A Brain...

I've had a lot on my mind these last few days but not the strength to commit any of it to blog.
Today is my Grandma Rose's birthday, it's been 3 years since she passed.
I miss her.
(So glad I'll get to reunite with her in Heaven.)
The 5th (Friday) was the anniversary (2nd) of my 2nd miscarriage.
That was a bleak time.
(So glad I'll get to reunite with my baby(s) in Heaven)
December is also the month the first baby I lost was due to be born
(on the 30th, which would have been Amelie's 2nd birthday).
December is a hard month for me, right now.
It is also a wonderful month!
My sweet Mr. Wonderful was born in December
as was
my sweet Wonder Girl, Amelie the Amazing Action Princess.
And Christmas, which always reminds me of the gift of Jesus.
(Best gift ever!)
As the days go by I'm sure I'll have more to say and maybe I'll take a few more pictures
(I haven't taken any in days and days and days and...)
So until then,
Intermittently, but still semi-frequently, your bloggy friend,
*Shelly

10 comments:

JerseyGranny said...

I was so glad to have met Grandma Rose. She was a lovely lady!

Anonymous said...

You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Even though you have two gorgeous babies, the pain of losing two obviously still is something extremely hard to go through. My Pap died 6 weeks before I graduated H.S. (which was 10 years ago), and it's still really hard to deal with him being gone; especially now that I have a peanut, and she will never meet him here on Earth. I pray that you will feel God's loving arms wrapped around you during this difficult and emotional time!

B

Anonymous said...

You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Even though you have two gorgeous babies, the pain of losing two obviously still is something extremely hard to go through. My Pap died 6 weeks before I graduated H.S. (which was 10 years ago), and it's still really hard to deal with him being gone; especially now that I have a peanut, and she will never meet him here on Earth. I pray that you will feel God's loving arms wrapped around you during this difficult and emotional time!

B

Devin said...

What wonderful things to be thankful for in the middle of times that, very easily, could be focused on all the bad.

I find myself doing that so easily somedays--and then, when I get my head on straight again, I want to kick myself for using precious time to sulk in misery about what was taken away rather than praising Jesus for the many blessings He has chosen to give me.

I am so thankful for the same thing you are--that we will be reunited with our precious sweet little ones someday.

You are such a great example to me, and a constant source of encouragement. I'm so thankful for you my friend.

Prayers today (and throughout the month) and much love.

Pamela said...

It seems like December is one of the most difficult months for so many people. You're in my prayers.
xo

Julie said...

To have so much joy and so much to grieve in one month is a hard one. So glad you have a relationship with Jesus so that you can see the good even in the tough stuff (I look forward to meeting your Grandma and your babies in heaven someday, too!)

Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Ree said...

Isn't it comforting to know that Jesus is ALWAYS there to wrap his arms aroung you, esp. during this bittersweet time?!!

Ree said...

I've been in your shoes, as well! I lost one in Sept. in 1987 (due in March 88) and one in December in 1993 (due in June 94). I often wonder what those babies would have been like, what sex they were, etc. Like you, I can't wait to meet them in Heaven one day. I am comforted to know that they are up there with my mom. She actually got to meet them before she got to meet my Princess (and before I got to meet them!)
Peace to you!!

Sheri said...

prayers and Blessings to you Michelle!!!!

hugs

Melody said...

I've been missing my little heaven baby a lot lately too. Praying for you.