Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Princess And The Crescent Wrench

Last night Sant's helper (Pop of the East) delivered Amelie's Princess bike!
I had planned on putting it together today (since Amelie will be with Daddy at a special Christmas banquet), however, due to the myriad of horrible reviews on the bike, such as:

difficult assembly
Reviewer: R. Julka
really cute bike but HORRIBLE to assemble. The instructions are for a variety of models and are not specific at all with little or no functional instructions. I've assembled various bicylces, wagons, ride-ons, etc. and this by far is the most difficult to assemble. Plus you need a metric allen wrench which is NOT included. And to add insult to injury, the box says that its "easy to assemble" which in my experience is just a big lie.
I decided to get a jump on things last night.
Luckily, the bike was a piece of cake to put together--the only really unfortunate thing was that you need 9 million weird tools and there were absolutely no instructions covering the assembly of the hand break--which is fairly important in my bike riding experience....SO, I spent 30 minutes online researching how to put together a bike and finally found something similar. That part wasn't so fun, but the fact that the bike is all ready is exciting!

Seriously, that girl of mine is having like the best Christmas ever--Princess bike from us and her Grandparents of the North (with the help of Grandparents of the East), and 2 bigger-than-Amelie packages arrived from the Granny of the South including: Barbie computer, keyboard, jewelry box, DIAMOND necklace (um, hello? where's mine!), gold locket necklace and LIFE SIZE barbie dressed in a Princess costume for Amelie. She has all this and it's not even Christmas yet! I think next year she's going to need a pony to top this! ha! Praise the Lord for generous, loving, fun, family!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Maybe it was a guy who did that review you posted?? LOL

I am the Chief Putter-Together of stuff at our house. I do it because I enjoy it - glad you were able to get that bike together!!

Sounds like your girls are going to have a marvelous Christmas.

JerseyGranny said...

I knew that if anyone could do it, you could. You never cease to amaze me!

DeeMarie said...

Yay! The princess bike! Maya got the same for her bday yesterday.. from her Pop-Pop. As soon as he brought it in, all the other gifts were practically void.
Oh, Amelie will be so excited!

Megan and Company said...

Ha. Could you come here and fix my handbrakes on my new bike? They need some serious attention that the directions don't seem to cover. ;)

Pamela said...

Is the lifesize Barbie scary? Olivia has been asking for one, and I've been ignoring her. She also wants the doll with the fake pee. Two thumbs down for that one, too. Hope we aren't facing a coup of epic proportions on Thursday.