Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sleeping Beauty

Maeve slept all night
(in the crib in Amelie's room)
It was a little touch and go there
(--with some tears at 7:30, 8:00, midnight...and I'm pretty sure I slept through any other occurrences.)
If she were little-r I would have run in to save her, but I thought the surest way to get her to succeed was to ignore her pitiful pleas--which thankfully, were not too pitiful or scream-y.
She was talking to herself at 7 (2 hours after she usually gets up)
And today, she looks taller.
Bigger.
Grown*up*ish.
*Sigh....
Sometimes baby steps feel like GIANT steps.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, super! I wrote my other comment and then saw this post! Great for Maeve!

Pamela said...

hooray! and not hooray.
because i get it.

Lindsay said...

Way to go, I know that road and it's NOT easy. I did find it amazing though that as soon as I let my kids "cry it out"/"put themselves to sleep", they would sleep much later in the morning.

Sheri said...

I agree sometimes baby steps DO FEEL like GIANT steps!!!!

Way to go though!

Devin said...

Pamela's comment really summed it up--I was going to say the same exact thing! *sniff sniff*

I get it too--it's tough. My littlest will be 2 in January, and I see him and think, "Wasn't he just born?"

But, good for Maeve. :-)

JerseyGranny said...

Another milestone...just wish they were "minute-stones"!