Thursday, December 18, 2008

Shelly's Snippets

*It's official, I'm saying goodbye to Myspace! The majority of my peeps out there in blog land have lost that lovin' feeling for da space, so I'm out like shout...or something.

*Amelie had her cubbies christmas caroling concert (say that five times fast) last night--Sadly, I had to miss it because the Maevenator goes to bed at 6 (and I couldn't see waking her up at 8:00 pm to take her out in the freezing cold). I was sad but Mr. Wonderful video-taped it, so I'll post it later.

*I kind of wish the weather would make up its mind. It's cold today. I like it when the weather makes up it's mind to be 60 and sunny during the month of December. Right?!

*Mr. Wonderful's marvelous Christmas Concert is tonight and I'm so thankful that my MIL is coming to watch the Beacon so that I can enjoy it with my Amelie girl--I'm so excited!!!!!

And now for a little soap-box action:
*I read this really annoying article today about how the writer believed that Twilight was, "..merely teen absintence propaganda..." and should be avoided at all costs. My theory is, the only people who are against abstinence in teens are people who either: a. feel guilty that they don't/won't abstain from sex b. wish they had done so. And honestly, what benefit does sex have for teenagers that we need to encourage them so to partake? What's the problem with the existence of one movie that doesn't focus on teen sex? It really annoyed me. I always find it interesting when people are seriously threatened by morality and a little sad. End soapbox.

*I need a haircut. OH MY do I ever! We're reaching critical mass over here.

*Buying Christmas presents for your extended family just isn't as fun when you can only afford to spend $5 on everyone. Mer.

*Christmas break is next week and I can't wait to have my husband home for 11 days. Awesome.

*It's also official, I'm disabling anonymous comments--I kept them around for a long time b/c sometimes people just don't have an account and I want them to be able to comment without having one but, enough is enough. I am done reading passive aggressive, ill-informed, so-wrong-in-so-manyways-that-i-don't-have-the-strength-to-right-the-wrongs comments etc. I find anonymous commenting is used mainly by snarky people who don't have the self confidence to back up their own personal beliefs with a real name. I'm so over it. Sorry if you are a valid anonymous commenter (like my mr. wonderful!), it's super easy to create a google screen name, so please do so, because I love hearing what you have to say.

Happy Thursday! Where do the weeks go?

5 comments:

Julie said...

Wow, that was a lot of information in one post!

Glad you get to attend Mr. W's concert tonight. Enjoy your "girls night out" with Ms. A.

Amen to both the comment about the Twilight article & the anonymous commenters. I haven't read Twilight, or seen the movie (and I don't even live in a cave...LOL) but I can say that I like any scenario that is "for" abstinence rather than "against" it. And (most) anonymous commenters are only that way because they don't want you to be able to "track them down" and respond to their stupid remarks. WIMPS.

JerseyGranny said...

I'll watch [spoil/play with, etc.] the girls when you want to go get your hair done.

Shelly said...

you're the best granny!!

Pamela said...

I need a haircut, too.
And anonymous commenters do, generally, have an aura of stinkle about them.

Micayla said...

I agree about the weather deciding to be 60 degrees.... that was wonderful!