Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Checkin' Up

Amelie had her 4 yo check up today and boy it was the longest check up ever...or at least the longest wait! We were there for 1.5 hours and spent most of that time in a tiny little room trying to entertain the Maeve-ster. Thankfully Granny of the East was with me and we kept the racket to a minimum.
For the first time Amelie had to get her hearing and vision checked and passed both with flying colors! She wouldn't respond to anything the doctor said (shyness is genetic) so I had to give every direction over again and then she would cooperate. She is now 40 inches tall and weighs 36 pounds--she is getting SO big and has grown a lot this last year! She also had two shots which made her very sad--but she survived!
I leave you with some of the helpful hints from the handout with really super valuable child rearing information from my doctor's office:
* supervise your child
* do not force them to eat
*do not let them choke
* discipline
*enroll in school
Gee, Thanks Doctor's office. I probably wouldn't have thought of doing any of that on my own.
The end.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Man, you mean I've been doing it wrong all these years.

I totally leave my kids unsupervised, except when I am forcing them to eat. That almost always makes them choke. I pretty much let them run rampant and let TV teach them all they need to know.

You know, the sad thing is, there probably ARE families out there that are like that. :(

Glad Miss A's appointment went well. I'm looking forward to a 2 year checkup for Jib in a couple of weeks. I can't wait to see how she's grown!

Brie Latini said...

Ah hahahahahaha! Don't let them choke? That is hysterical! "Well, doctor, of course I don't let then choke, but they just insist upon it!It's out of my hands..."


Oh, and didn't you see? The adpotive parents lied to Lily and Rufus!! They did have a kid that died, but not the adopted one! DRAMZ!!!