Thursday, January 1, 2009

Parents do the strangest things...

It's no secret that I really enjoy dressing my girls!
(I'm living vicariously through their fashionable wardrobe)
Unfortunately, for me, Amelie is becoming a bit more vocal about what she wants to wear so sometimes I...ahem....trick her into wearing the outfit that I like best.
My favorite trick (and usually the only one I need to use) is to call whatever I'm handing her, her "princess ____" (shirt, pants, socks, shoes etc...)
The other day I was trying to convince her to wear her sweet little ugg-like boots and she said (dramatically)


"Oh Mommy....this is NOT GOOD! These are NOT Princess boots!! These are CARPENTER boots!!!"

Um...

A. Where in the world did she learn what a carpenter was?
B. And what kind of boots they wear?

So...I just told her Jesus was a a carpenter and she decided she does like carpenter boots after all.

The end. =)

5 comments:

~*~Bre~*~ said...

You never fail to crack me up, seriously! I so wish we lived closer... a play date would be lovely! How was your New Years Eve? I made it to midnight, but barely!

B

as told by: Korleen said...

LOL that's funny. hey and you can use Jesus again this summer to get her to wear sandals!

Madre said...

She is an original....that funny lil' girl of ours :o)

Devin said...

HA! Love it. Just love it.

Unknown said...

That last photo is just too cute for words! xxx.