Sunday, January 4, 2009

Shelly Is...

...watching Paula Dean's Home Cooking on the Food Network with Maeve and...
she is desperately desperately trying to come up with a light recipe
"I'm so excited ya'll! Today we're fixin' to try a light recipe. This is gonna be delicious!"
Then she went on the list the first 4 ingredients:
the dough from a roll of regular Pillsbury crescent rolls
cream cheese (light)
mayo
sour cream
Um...Paula...that sounds more like a Pioneer Woman Cooks recipe than a light recipe.
Shouldn't a light recipe start with 4 ingredients like:
lettuce
celery
tomatoes
onions
right? right!?
anyways...Maeve and I thought it was funny
(love PD 's southern accent though and wish I had one!)

4 comments:

Pamela said...

I've seen what PD cooks, and frankly, I'm surprised she not a) twice her size, or b) dead.

I'm with you on the celery, tomatoes and onions part, though.

Pamela said...

I've seen what PD cooks, and frankly, I'm surprised she not a) twice her size, or b) dead.

I'm with you on the celery, tomatoes and onions part, though.

Devin said...

HA! Pamela is right on, on that one...

Back in my TV days (*sigh*) I often watched Paula and wondered how more southerners are not dropping dead from heart attacks with all the butter and fat they use. I love me some home cookin', but SHEESH! :-)

Julie said...

My arteries clogged just reading those ingredients. (And I am by NO MEANS a "healty" cook)

I wonder what makes it so that people from the south can eat all that stuff without becoming GINORMOUS. I gain 10 pounds looking at food like that.