Friday, January 2, 2009

A Hair Story Part 1: It All Started When...

...I went for my first professional haircut in over 2 years...
I've been abstaining from the professional cut because, not only is it pricey--every single hair cut I've gotten has been the absolute pits--not what I wanted, asked for, showed a picture of etc--and I just couldn't bring myself to spend the money, the time and the 6 months recovering from the emotional trauma of a bad hair cut on fine, slow slow slow growing hair.
Ha!
Well, when I was sitting in the chair, waiting for my cut
(which I love--Thank You Hello Gorgeous and Gina!)
the most beautiful, young girl was sitting next to me and she had amazing movie star hair
(just what you need to look at when you have below average desperately needing a cut, style and color, hair on your own head)..
Her hair was nearly waist length (which sounds TOO long, but wasn't b/c her hair was perfect) and thick and cut into beautiful cascading waves and was freshly styled to perfection and colored the most amazing Ariel red shade.
(Think Blake Lively but with red, real hair)
It was like Barbie Doll hair--
Amazing.
SO.... it got me thinking about coloring my own hair, and let me tell ya, I am not afraid of color.
Since junior high, I've been every shade from red to light brown imaginable (even bordered on purple there once--not my favorite hair color out come, but these things happen).
So last night I splurged on color to wake up my sleepy locks and well..I'm not exactly ready to admit to you or anyone else what I've done to myself...but I am willing, at the very least, to share pictures of my happy hair cut:
When I get a little braver I'll show you my new...um....bright....color.

8 comments:

SarahV said...

oh man.....get out the dish soap :) your cut came out really cute! it makes me want long hair again.

Emily said...

Cute cut! Can't wait to see the color ... :)

BluSkies80 said...

i love the cut michelle but seriously your hair looked great long! can't wait to see the color!

~*~Bre~*~ said...

The cut is adorable! It looks gorgeous on you!!

B

Pamela said...

Oh, come on. Show, show, show!!!

Madre said...

SHOW US THE COLOR! (love the new cut) :0)

Melody said...

Cute cut! Can't wait to see the color!

I once accidentally died my hair purple too. It was a beautiful color, but NOT on my head!

Ree said...

Very cute cut! I totally understand when you just get tired of the longness!! I'm starting to get there as well!!