Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My Newest Baby: Wherein I Wax Poetic About Digital Cameras

It came! It came!
I ordered a cheap-o shmeap-o point and shoot digital camera from Target.
(hello, who can resist a $50 camera when you have a christmas gift card burning a hole in your pocket?? um, not me obviously!)
I was fully prepared to just kinda like my little travel-around-knock-about camera
(I was going to save up for a canon point and shoot--I've heard great things about their powershot line)
but I actually really love its cheap little self!
Super easy to use, very large view finder and teeny tiny for fitting into my purse and following me everywhere I go.
Digital cameras have come sooo far in a very few years--
When Amelie was born I spent $150 on a 2 mega pixel camera--
and now, 4 years later you can get a fun 8 mp with video and sound and internal editing and different point and shoot settings for $50!?!
Love it!
My first true love (you know, other than Mr. Wonderful) is still my DSLR, but this little guy and I are going to have a beautiful relationship...
I think I'm gonna need bigger camera storage-y-ness--I now have 4 digital cameras (I can't get rid of them--they're like my babies) and 2 large SLR cameras...I might have a small problem =)


2 comments:

as told by: Korleen said...

I totally know what you mean. I can't believe how much the cost of cameras have dropped just from 2007. It's crazy

Devin said...

Awesome! What a find. Can't wait to see your "newest baby's" "babies".

That's code for: I'm looking forward to the pictures you will take with this new camera.

:)