Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Ahead of Schedule

You know...this blogging business...it's sort of like free therapy for me--I tell you all about the problems I have and then you leave comments and make me feel better...
and I like it.
See..I have this little problem where I like to plan things...WAY in advance....
you know...like our Christmas pictures and birthday shopping and parties and next year's wardrobe etc...
I just like being prepared ahead of time.
It makes me feel all safe and warm and comfy cozy inside.
{I know I have at least one friend out there who is the same way and I'm so glad A's around because otherwise I might be the only one and one is the loneliest number...}
Behold: My newest prepared way ahead of time project:
The girls' Christmas Day (i.e. opening presents) ensembles:



Target had the cutest (cheapcheap) Christmas shirts on sale and I couldn't resist the light blue tutu for Maeve and the fun circle skirt for Amelie and of course the coordinating leggings..because I'm living vicariously fashion-wise through my babies.
You know...cause I'm the Mama and that's the way I want it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL...I'm guilty, too! Morgan is getting her pictures taken at Thanksgiving (per my parents) and I've had the outfit planned for over a month. She already has her Christmas dress complete with red satin headband, and sparkly red shoes (like Dorothy, of course). So, you're not alone.... not even close. I'll plan everything for Morgan months ahead of time until she makes me stop! ha

Julie said...

I'm the same way - I have bins of clothes in the basement to clothe the girls for at least the next 2 years...

And I have been known to buy something and keep it for at least a year before one of the girls is big enough to wear it!

I love the ensembles you've picked out for the girls. I'm warming up to Target more and more each day.

Coach Prentice said...

I wish you were my mom.

BluSkies80 said...

i'm so jealous of the tree shirt w/ polka dots-they were all sold out of hg's size! very, very nice outfits-it is a balst to be prepared ahead of time and rest ashore that i enjoy it as much as you...=) btw-is that green skirt from old navy...i beleive that i purchased the same one last week=)

JerseyGranny said...

Enjoy it now, while you may! There will come a day when these precious ones will develop their own sense of style!!! Shelly, you are an amazing fashionista!