Thursday, November 27, 2008

My Thanksgiving Gift To You: Buckeyes (Or at least, the recipe...)

I made delicious buckeyes again today for my brothers
(a delectable Christgiving/Thanksmas present)
I had decided to go about documenting the recipe Pioneer Woman Cooks style but I just don't have that kind of time on my hands =)

The Super Easy, Super Delicious Recipe:
2 Cups Peanut Butter
1/4 Cup Butter (soft, not melted)
3 3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
2 Cups Chocolate Chips
2 Tblsp Shortening

Directions:
  • Mix peanut butter, butter and sugar together (when it comes together it'll turn into a big ball).
  • Shape mixture into small balls (you could use a melon-baller but I use my hands and that works just fine).
  • Put peanut butter balls on a cookie sheet and let them harden in the freezer.
  • Melt the chocolate chips and shortening in a double boiler on the stove top (I just put an inch of water in a regular pot and use a bowl that "hovers" inside the pot since I don't have an actual double boiler). Stir occasionally until totally melted. (You could also do this in the microwave--but I hate to risk burning all of that chocolate!).
  • Take the peanut butter balls out of the freezer and dip into the chocolate---I've dipped them in using a toothpick, my fingers and a spoon--they all work--use whatever makes you happy.
  • Freeze until set (30 minutes-ish--or as long as you can possibly bear to wait--or don't wait at all and eat them when they are warm--STILL delish). Keep these in the fridge and they won't last long!
I've only ever made a half batch which gives me about 30 buckeyes. So it's totally fine to cut this recipe in half--it's given me no problem. Or double it--I won't judge you =) So, go make some and leave me a little note and tell me all about it!

5 comments:

BluSkies80 said...

you're addicted to blogging! glad that you're trip is going well! hope that A is enjoying the snow even if you're not=)

Megan and Company said...

Yeah. This is on Saturday's menu!

Julie said...

Oh great, I get this recipe at 11:30 at night when the store is CLOSED and I don't quite have the ingredients....DANG IT!!!

I LOVE BUCKEYES (the candy, not the football team or the nut)

SarahV said...

i'm pretty sure i have all of those things in my house right now! i might be making those post-shopping today :)

Madre said...

they were WONDERFUL.....now off to make some MORE!