I made delicious buckeyes again today for my brothers
(a delectable Christgiving/Thanksmas present)
I had decided to go about documenting the recipe Pioneer Woman Cooks style but I just don't have that kind of time on my hands =)
The Super Easy, Super Delicious Recipe:
2 Cups Peanut Butter
1/4 Cup Butter (soft, not melted)
3 3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
2 Cups Chocolate Chips
2 Tblsp Shortening
- Mix peanut butter, butter and sugar together (when it comes together it'll turn into a big ball).
- Shape mixture into small balls (you could use a melon-baller but I use my hands and that works just fine).
- Put peanut butter balls on a cookie sheet and let them harden in the freezer.
- Melt the chocolate chips and shortening in a double boiler on the stove top (I just put an inch of water in a regular pot and use a bowl that "hovers" inside the pot since I don't have an actual double boiler). Stir occasionally until totally melted. (You could also do this in the microwave--but I hate to risk burning all of that chocolate!).
- Take the peanut butter balls out of the freezer and dip into the chocolate---I've dipped them in using a toothpick, my fingers and a spoon--they all work--use whatever makes you happy.
- Freeze until set (30 minutes-ish--or as long as you can possibly bear to wait--or don't wait at all and eat them when they are warm--STILL delish). Keep these in the fridge and they won't last long!