Saturday, November 15, 2008

Seven Facts About My Saturday

1. I woke up at 4:55 with Maeve and was thwarted by the rain when I tried to take an early morning slow jog
2. Maeve and I went grocery shopping together at Wegmans and were home by 8 (am=)
3. On the way to get the girls' Christmas pictures taken I tried to cancel our Verizon phone/internet service and was transferred 15 times and disconnected 6 times. It wasn't pretty.
4. We were early for our picture appt but weren't called until 30 minutes after our set time. When we got to the room it wasn't set up and while they were hanging the backdrop curtains the girls both had a horrible melt down and we only got a handful of shots. The photographer was on the "inexperienced" (nice way of saying inept) side and didn't arrange/encourage the girls at all--which left mommy and daddy as two huge puddles of sweat.
5. After lunch we came back to view our prints--two people budged in line in front of us (somehow?--Sears is DISORGANIZED) and this ended up being a 3 hour ordeal. Nice.
Here two pictures (luckily we got 1 cute one which is ALL we needed and ended up costing us $4 for 40 pictures! Woot!)

The rest are at my other blog (well, the rest that were even worth putting up)
6. I finally got through to a normal person at Verizon and cancelled our service. Mer. Goodbye and good riddance Verizon--parting is such sweet sorrow brings me joy!
7. I did get to start Christmas shopping as originally planned but b/c of my late start didn't get to do everything I had wanted (Christmas/Thanksgiving in NY SOON!)
So, if you get a chance, tell me about your day...you know...so that I can forget the ugly parts of mine =)

7 comments:

Melody said...

Ohh.....kid portraits are always such an adventure. Even though Corbin does all of our at home, it is STILL an ordeal. In fact we have yet to really get a good picture of the kids together. Glad you were able to get at least one cute one....and for 4 bucks. Can't do any better than that!

My day had been oh so much like every other day this week. Cleaning house. Chasing babies. Wiping bums. Counting the hours until my hubby gets home from his wedding shoot today!

Micayla said...

Those pictures are very cute despite the girls having a meltdown.

We went Christmas shopping today and can I just say that I would like to buy everything for my nieces and nephew because everything look cute and fun. Don't worry, we didn't buy any loud and annoying toys for the girls this year. haha

SarahV said...

*i woke up at 6:55
* went to pottery works w/ yg girls and had a fabulous time painting, eating and chatting.
* i scraped the top of the church van and it now is streaked w/ white paint. boo to parking garages.
*i started playing my nancy drew game. i love me a good mystery, 8-12 yr old style.
*i am now going to watch finding nemo and cuddle my judds on the couch :)

p.s. i hate verizon customer service, if you can even call it that.

Anonymous said...

Last Christmas JcPenney did the exact same thing to us. We were there 20 minutes early, and they went OVER their time with an uppity/snobby family because they had to have 500 pictures of their 2 daughters and pregnant mother. We were 45 minutes past our scheduled time, the princess (at that time she was 10 months old) had gotten insanely sleepy (Mommy thought she was smart, and scheduled the session for when the kiddo was in her cutest mood everyday), and the girl just stood there Then, she got mad because Morgan kept on crying. We finally got a couple of cute shots, but I was infuriated that they didn't even care about ruining our pictures because they had to lengthen someone else's session because they needed a gazillion specific poses. Such frustrating times.. I totally know where you're coming from, and it's NOT fun!

Megan and Company said...

*Up at somewhere between 6-7
*Leah slept through the night for the first time in a long time.
*Al working
*Kids and I went to post office, dry cleaners and Lakeshore for a ream of cheap paper bc Josh LOVES markers
*Leah tried to eat a marker
*Kids took phenomenal naps
*Sold a bunch of cloth diapers
on craig's list
*Family dinner
*Played with kids
*Kids to bed at 9
*Josh fell asleep at 10
*Worked out
The End
Good day here!


What time does Maeve go to bed because that is a crazy early bird you've got! Hope she's sleeping well at night for you at least.

Madre said...

my day.....

woke up 6:30 ish.....
read my fav' blogs
wrote a story about EE
decided to snuggle back in bed
fell back asleep :o)
got up 7:30 ish
happily hopped into my clothes
pulled out my back
crumbled back into bed
whimpered most of the day (including tears)
did a little sewing
and
alot of laying on the couch

Here's to a better day tomorrow !
amen and good night

charmed1 said...

I cleaned and did laundry all day. Exciting huh?